Thursday, January 22, 2009

Challenge '09

All too often people dwell on the negative things that happen in their lives. Well here is a challenge set before all of you bloggers and facebook junkies alike. List 5 blessings in your life. This should be an easy challenge since there are so many things that I think we have all been blessed with. You can make it as in depth or as simple as you like. The challenge is set, who is up to it?

MY BLESSINGS:

1. My Health: although I have recently experienced a bit of a snag in this area, it also came with a blessing. The timing of the most recent gall bladder attack that sent me to the hospital was perfect. Joshua was able to be weaned with ease, Caleb was well taken care of and Heath got to spend some special quality time with the boys. The stay also made me see another side of Heath, which leads me to...

2. My Husband: apart from being a wonderful man, Heath is a wonderful father. He stepped up to the plate willingly when we needed him. He isn't afraid to get his hands dirty by cleaning spit up or taking care of dirty diapers as well as getting up at all hours of the night to help with whatever task I need help with. He also is wonderful at letting me know how much he misses and needs me when we are not together.

3. My Family: this is a big one. My family is always there for us, whether I need someone to talk to, help with the kids, help with my house, a hot meal...the list is endless really. My family is an invaluable resource for us and is truly my pillar of strength. I would like to stress that my family includes everyone with whom I am privileged to be related to. Parents, brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles etc.

4. My Extended Family: And by this I mean my in-laws. I could not have been more fortunate when I married Heath and received the blessing of his family. They are loving, supporting, caring, there whenever we are in need. They are endless supply of whatever we may be in need of. I would like to also note that when I say in-laws I really mean to include: sister-in- laws, brother-in-laws, cousins, aunts, uncles and so on.

5. My Children: Caleb and Joshua bring a wonderful new dimension to my life. They made me a mom. This is a side of me that was born with Caleb's first breath and will continue until the day I take my last. They supply my life with love and exploration, challenges that I embrace and laughter that lights my life. This blessing is the most wonderful because it comes with a chance to raise a fresh life. To watch the wonder in their eyes as they discover the world around them and to be blessed to be the one to show them all that they can be.

I AM BLESSED IMMEASURABLY. APART FROM THE 5 BLESSINGS LISTED ABOVE I MUST ALSO STATE THAT IT IS BY THE GRACE OF GOD THAT I AM GIVEN ALL OF THESE THINGS. I HOPE TO TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED BUT I FEAR THAT I DO EVERYDAY. BEING ABLE TO JOT DOWN A SMALL PART OF MY BLESSINGS IS A GOOD WAY TO REMEMBER THAT AS LONG AS I HAVE THESE THINGS, THERE ISN'T MUCH MORE THAT I NEED.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, Jenn! That was beautiful. I shall now excuse myself while I go get a tissue...

The National Scribe said...

well it was heartfelt and had been on my mind so there you go...

Anonymous said...

You should print it out and keep it forever. If you ever get to feeling down you could take it out and read it. It will be wonderful for your children to read someday, too.

The National Scribe said...

good idea. maybe someone could do that for me...make it a special keepsake. i have to say that i was somewhat distracted when i wrote it and i had better things to say that just got stuck in my head. maybe i will revise it later

Anonymous said...

I like the updated banner. Cute pictures of some cute people!

the editor said...

well said, Jenn.

Anonymous said...

very nice, Jen.

The National Scribe said...

ok, so any takers on the challenge?

The National Scribe said...

so no one took the challenge...maybe i am the only lucky one.

Anonymous said...

I didn't think I could say it any better than you did!