Thursday, October 01, 2009

Apple Pickin' '09

My mom, Caleb, Joshua and I headed out to Lewin Farm in Calverton to do a little apple picking. The weather in the morning was pleasant with some amazing clouds filling the sky. The apples were delightfully ripe and the picking was fun. Joshua had to hold an apple in his hand whether it was ripe or rotten (thankfully he didn't think to eat any of them). Getting pictures was a bit of a challege with Joshua not wanting to sit still- surprise, surprise. This was my mom's first time apple picking and I think she had the most fun. As we were heading out with our harvested apples I had a chance to watch Caleb try to run and catch my mom as she had Joshua on her shoulders. All three of them were running and laughing and I was suddenly overwhelmed with a feeling of gratefulness for my family and all the blessings I have been given. I prayed that God would let me keep the memories of this day forever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic pictures and lovely post. I couldn't agree more. We are blessed beyond measure!

Connie said...

Please do not ask me why I am known as 6p00d834522ccc69e2. I have no clue.

The National Scribe said...

I was just wondering who the heck that was. HA HA HA

Em and Jonah said...

Gorgeous pictures of your sweet boys. I know this is going to sound a little cheeky coming from me, BUT please can we have an up date?